Monday, April 5, 2010

Is there a difference

So last night, I was talking shit with Fluffy about the baseball game. In short(long version to follow), I was bragging when the Yankees were winning, and he didn't like that. The Yankees lost in the end, and he was happy, and when I used his words back at him, his response was, "There's a difference between talking constant shit and being happy that your team won."

Frankly, I don't think there is a difference, and I'll explain why.

Last night I went to a bar with the family, ordered some food and waited for the game. We talked a little pre-game trash, but not much, and the game started. Top of the 1st, and the Yankees go down in order, 1-2-3. I get a message from Fluffy about 6 seconds after the 3rd batter stating that fact. The Red Sox followed suit, so I sent that message to fluffy as well. After that, the Yankees pretty much led the entire game. They went up two runs in the 2nd, and the game wasn't tied again until the 6th.

Basically, when I started talking crap back to Fluffy in the 2nd inning, he began getting upset and responded with, "It's only game 1-of-162 and you're talking shit, you must be bored."

To sum it up, the Red Sox ended up coming back to win, so I told Fluffy that I was glad it was only game 1-of-162. Which led to his response earlier.

My take on it all, if you can'tTAKE the shit talking, don't DO the shit talking. Yeah, it's only game 1 of the season, but its also the biggest sports rivalry in history. There is no difference between shit talking and being happy that your team won.

I would also like to point out that one of my messages detailed to Fluffy that I enjoy this time of year because we DO get to talk shit to each other.

With all that being said, it was a great game last night. I am disappointed the Yankees blew the lead, but I guess thats life.

-Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment